The main quality for success in poker is patience. Excessive emotions harm the player, because Texas Hold'em is more of a long-distance race and it is unacceptable to waste your passion in the first minutes of the game.
Lack of patience leads to mistakes
Let's take a look at typical situations that require a lot of patience from the player.
- A player who has suffered a bad pit does not need to tilt. You need to protect yourself from emotions, rash moves and bluffs.
- Don't be fooled by a good starting hand. The situation can change at any time, and this will be reflected in the face and actions of the player.
- If a player thinks he has a great starting hand (eg pocket pair) and, being impatient, goes all-in, then the odds of his winning are roughly 50%.
- At the beginning of the game, be patient and determine the style of other players.
- It is unacceptable to lose composure if the game has dragged on for a long time.
How can I be patient?
In order to remain patient and increase your chance of winning, you must adhere to the following rules:
- Play the best starting hand.
- Give the enemy the opportunity to be the first to show their style.
- Don't play a hand after a bad deal.