In order to start playing poker right now, you only need an Internet connection. In a short time, you can master all the necessary functions of the platform, understand the types of poker and memorize existing combinations. The important thing here is to take the game seriously in order to reduce the occurrence of risks and losses.
Types of poker
To satisfy the wishes of any client, PokerStars offers a wide selection of poker games, a large number of matches and tables with different currencies, as well as games for play chips. Usually all games are divided into cash, sit-and-go, spin-and-go, tournaments and zoom.
Poker variations presented by PokerStars:
- Texas Hold'em;
Texas Hold'em is the most popular game. Players are presented with four series in which a deposit is made to the bank. Each is dealt two cards. The dealer lays out five cards on the table. The winner is the one with the strongest hand on the river.
Omaha is a nine-card game where the player uses 5 community and 4 pocket ones, as well as the blinds and the dealer's chip. There are several different types of games: Hi / Lo, Five Card, Pot Limit and Limit.
Stud is a veteran of poker. Seven pocket ones are played, and there are no general ones. Each round, and there are only five of them, requires attentiveness and original tactics, otherwise you can lose a large amount of money. This type is not recommended for beginners as it can be confusing.
Badugi - the participant must collect a rainbow - an unsuited set. Combinations are made up of four cards.
Draw is positioned as a home game with simple rules. It is better to start training in this area with it. The main task is to collect a strong hand of five cards. If this does not happen, then the player with the ace is the winner. The one who sits on the left side of the dealer must make a bet.
Razz - two hidden cards and one face up are dealt. Each game starts with an ante (mandatory bet before the start of the hand). They start playing with the one with the highest open denomination. The winner is the player with the lowest hand.
Before starting the game, you need to familiarize yourself with the combinations in poker, they are needed in order to easily understand the available hand.
Let's take a look at 10 popular hold'em-based hands:
- Royal Flush - recognized as the strongest set, suited must fall out: ace, king, queen, jack and ten.
- Straight Flash - you need to collect five suited consecutive denominations one after another. The bank is taken by the one who has a strong hand.
- Four of a kind is a set of four cards of the same rank, and the fifth can be any. The player with the highest four of a kind wins.
- Full House - 3/2 ratio: set and pair, respectively.
- Flush - Inconsistent five suited cards.
- Straight is five consecutive cards.
- Set - three denominations of the same denomination and two arbitrary.
- Two pair - here two pair must be of the same rank + kicker.
- Pair - both cards of the same rank + kicker.
- High card - the combination does not matter, the high card wins the bank.
So that the game does not lead to problems, but brings joy and profit, you need to use a few tips.
Recommendations for players:
- If you are not in the mood, upset or tired, then it is better to postpone the game for another day. This condition will make it difficult to make the right decisions.
- Change your activity. Sometimes you need to do something different to change focus.
- Don't rely on luck, watch your opponents.
- Don't be afraid to fold any hands.